Ambius Honored with Eleven Awards at Plantscape Industry Expo Awards
Buffalo Grove, IL; September 12, 2011 – Ambius, the global plantscaping leader, was honored to receive eleven awards, including the prestigious Judges award for best in show, recognizing the company’s commitment to excellence, innovation, and professionalism in the interior plantscaping industry at the 19th annual PIA Interior Plantscape Hall of Fame and Awards Banquet at the Plantscape Industry Expo 2011 on September 1st, 2011 at the South Point Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The awards celebrated Ambius’s work for a diverse array of clients which included shopping centers, commercial buildings, cruise ships and health care facilities. Ambius received the following accolades:
- Denise Eichmann accepted three awards on behalf of the Ambius Project Development Team, including the prestigious Judge’s Award, which was awarded for the most outstanding overall project in 2011 for the Living Wall at Longwood Gardens, one of the world’s great gardens located in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. Ambius was engaged by Bancroft Construction to create the largest green wall in North America as part of its new East Conservatory Plaza. The East Conservatory Plaza, which first opened to the public on October 9th 2010, was designed by UK Landscape Architect Kim Wilkie in association with Philadelphia based Wells Appel. The expansion features a terraced lawn, lush new plantings and the largest indoor green wall in North America spanning over 4000 square feet of 25 species of tropical plants and ferns. “The green wall is an extraordinary addition to Longwood,” said Longwood Gardens Director, Paul Redman. “The size and beauty of the green wall amazes our guests as well as advances our continuing commitment to sound environmental practices. We are delighted that this eco-conscious project was recognized by this prestigious organization.”
The Ambius Project Development team also received two Awards of Excellence, one for the installation of the Longwood Gardens Living Wall and the second for masterminding the complex rigging of a suspended atrium tree aboard the Celebrity Cruise Line ‘Eclipse’.
- The Baylor Cancer Center in Dallas received two Awards of Excellence for landscape design and for green walls. Designed by Patti Moody and Sue Wieland, incorporating foliage into the public spaces of the building brings peace and a sense of calm to this high trafficked health care facility where plantings lift the spirit of patients, family and visitors alike. Moody and her team created a modern and inviting atmosphere tying in the artwork, furnishings and colors with the healing powers of plants.
- In the special events holiday category, Jon LaDow picked up an Award of Excellence for the most beautifully decorated office building at Tishman Speyer’s One Bush building in San Francisco. In the installation category, Jon LaDow and Daria Snyder picked up an Award of Excellence for their spectacular green transformation of the exterior display garden at Restoration Hardware’s San Francisco store.
- Chris Karl’s design savvy picked up an Award of Excellence for Special Events for horticultural work celebrating the Easter holiday at the South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, California, an acclaimed luxury shopping experience with extraordinary boutiques, personal shopping service, and upscale amenities.
- Laura Burns-Lambert’s ‘mad-hatter holiday tea party’ was celebrated with an Award of Excellence in the Special Events Holiday Category for Cushman Wakefield in San Francisco.
- Roel Ventura received a Merit Award in the Special Event category for his transformation of the Intercontinental Hotel in Los Angeles.
- Anne Parker’s green transformation of Florida’s International Mall received an Award of Excellence under the Renovation category.
I am extraordinarily proud of our talented team of designers who are unfailingly innovative and engaged with exceeding our clients’ expectations,” says Jeff Mariola, President, Ambius.
Ambius offers a full spectrum of services to enhance the interior space for the hospitality, healthcare, retail, and commercial industries. Ambius services include ambient scenting, interior landscaping, holiday décor, decorative wall art and fresh fruit and flower deliveries to businesses in 18 countries in Europe, North America, South Africa and the Asia-Pacific region. Ambius is a division of Rentokil Initial plc (LSE: RTO). For more information, visit the Ambius website at www.ambius.com/designers. Follow Ambius on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ambius.