Ambius Honored at Plantscape Industry Expo Awards Banquet
Riverside Medical Center's Living Green Roof Receives Award of Excellence from Plantscape Industry Alliance
Buffalo Grove, IL; August 22, 2012 – Ambius, www.ambius.com/designers, the global plantscaping leader, was honored to receive eleven awards, recognizing the company’s commitment to excellence, innovation, and professionalism in the interior plantscaping industry at the 20th annual PIA Interior. Plantscape Hall of Fame and Awards Banquet at the Plantscape Industry Expo 2012 on August 16th 2012 at the South Point Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The awards celebrated Ambius’ work for a diverse array of clients which included shopping centers, commercial buildings, hotels and health care facilities. Ambius received the following accolades:
- Denise Eichmann, www.ambius.com/denise accepted an Award of Excellence on behalf of the Ambius Project Development Team, for the Living Green Roof at the Riverside Medical Center in Kankakee, Illinois. "Riverside Medical Center’s living green roof encourages a different way of thinking altogether. Installing green roofs is about ensuring a commitment to address the most pressing environmental issues of our time -- climate change, energy efficiency and sustainability," says Denise Eichmann, Ambius Project Development North America Senior Project Manager.
- Sensory designer, Laura Burns-Lambert, www.ambius.com/laura, accepted an Award of Excellence for Special Events/Holiday for her silver hued holiday extravaganza for Cushman Wakefield in San Francisco.
- Jon LaDow, Urban Embellishment Designer, www.ambius.com/jon, majestic and festive holiday display for Bay Street in Emeryville, CA received an Award of Excellence.
- The iconic shopping mecca at Two Rodeo in Los Angeles was treated to winter wonderland treatment by Dawn Zeek who picked up an Award of Excellence.
- Debbie Weaver received an Award of Excellence for Major Renovation for her transformative planting and design work at Houston’s Gaither Petroleum – Park Row.
- Ambiance Architect Janice Nath, www.ambius.com/janice received an Award of Excellence for the living wall installation at San Diego’s Andaz hotel.
- Outstanding horticultural service was recognized with an Award of Excellence at the Estancia Hotel in La Jolla, CA with Sandy Hammond and Kim Covey picking up awards.
- Laura Burns-Lambert, Jon LaDow and Rigo Beltran received an Award of Merit for Installation for their horticultural work at San Francisco’s Ritz Carlton.
- Sandy Hammond and Lynne Sutkowi were recognized with an Award of Merit for their horticultural service on behalf of The Phoenician hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- The Cooks Children’s Hospital in Dallas received an Award of Merit for a creative and whimsical holiday campaign. Designed by Ambient Designer, Patti Moody, www.ambius.com/patti, the holiday plantings and elves lifted the spirit of patients, family and visitors alike.
Ambius offers a full spectrum of services to enhance the interior space for the hospitality, healthcare, retail, and commercial industries. Ambius services include ambient scenting, interior landscaping, holiday décor, decorative wall art and fresh fruit and flower deliveries to businesses in 18 countries in Europe, North America, South Africa and the Asia-Pacific region. Ambius is a division of Rentokil Initial plc (LSE: RTO). For more information, visit the Ambius website at www.ambius.com/designers. Follow Ambius on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ambius.