Being green is Smart
Jeff Mariola, President of Ambius, is driving Ambius’ green agenda in an eco-friendly way. Jeff traded in his Jaguar with a V8 engine for a Smart Car, the ultimate ultra-low emissions vehicle.
"The road to carbon neutrality for me meant trading in my less energy efficient Jaguar for one of the greenest rides around," said Jeff Mariola. "In both business and personal pursuits, we all have the opportunity to determine how we can get closer to having a net zero carbon footprint. I think the Smart Car is a fun way of living a greener life."
Despite its micro-compact size; 2.5 meters long and 1.51 meters wide, Jeff’s 6' 2" (187.96cm) stature fits comfortably inside the two-seater car.
Some Smart Car facts:
- The Smart Car is about half the length of the average vehicle in the U.S., saving about 8 feet in length.
- The Smart Car has been designed to be nearly one hundred percent recyclable
- Its carbon dioxide emissions are 118g/km, which is lower than some cars that have emissions as high as 165g/km or more
- The Smart Car is the most fuel efficient non-hybrid vehicle in the U.S. and the 3rd most fuel-efficient vehicle in the U.S.
- Smartville, Smart Car’s manufacturing facility in Hambach, France is considered one of the highest eco-friendly facilities in the world.
- Each Smart Car is produced in only 8 hours from start to finish, with 3 hours of actual build time.
- To mark Smart Car’s first-year anniversary in the United States, smart USA will plant a tree for every vehicle sold.