Creating spaces that embrace nature has both physical and mental health benefits. These benefits enhance the occupant's experience in an indoor space creating the ambiance of outdoor living. Join in with other architects and designers in the pursuit of professional development through our course, "Wellness Inspired Design: Specifying Large Scale Living Green Walls For Well-Being."
Course Learning Objectives:
- Describe how rising urbanization affects our connection to nature and how biophilic design, including living green walls, can help to combat this problem.
- Explore how living green walls can help projects achieve LEED and WELL Building Standard certifications.
- Identify the different types of living green wall systems, their components, and the benefits of each, as well as how irrigation and lighting work with the system.
- Understand the design and construction of living green walls, plant selection, and how to maintain the system for optimal functionality.
- Discuss case studies where living green walls were used in different applications.
IDCEC 0.1 HSW, AIA 1 LU/HSW, GBCI 1 General CE hour